Thursday, June 4, 2009

GETTING DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY!!!

So here is a little glimpse inside of my world. Here is an email that I received this week with the person's name removed...

Actual Email

"Hello, I had a question about brazillian waxing. I got my first brazillian waxing done at a waxing place and it hurt a lot so i only got it done halfway. I heard that its only supposed to hurt right when the strip is pulled off. But that day and the day after i was even avoiding to pee even bcoz it burned a lot and it still hurts. I wud have gone thru all the way but since waxing is supposed to take hair from the roots, when i looked the half side that was done had all the roots intact. so i stopped from doing the other side. I am wondering how long is it supposed to hurt? Right now i can't even touch the spot.
Thank You"
_____

Thank You, Anonymous email person. This email is exactly the point that I have been preaching. Thanks for giving me leeway. So now I am going to sit high atop my Ms. Esthy cutesy pink soap box and preach until I can't preach anymore.

When you are waxing your girl, or boy bits for that matter, precision, not speed, is the name of the game. I constantly hear of places pushing the time limit. "I can do a Brazilian wax in about 7-10 minutes." Well, don't ya know that "I can too." If I am just slapping on wax, using one nasty applicator (that will be dipped & re-dipped {possibly used on several folks} until it is broken), and just ripping like I have lost my natural mind.

Ripping what you might ask? Oh, let's see your skin, your skin and your skin. That is why this poor woman couldn't pee. Well, my question to the technician is "What the heck were you doing over there?"

There are one of two reasons that this happened to this poor unsuspecting soul. She was trying to save a buck and went to the cheapest place to get waxed, or the technician is not qualified to do Brazilian waxing. There is a possibility that both play a role in her horrible Brazilian bikini wax experience.

Please - do your homework when it comes to the person you are choosing to do your Brazilian bikini wax. The Internet is a great source, as well as asking their existing clients for their opinions.

Wishing you a happy and waxing this season.

xoxo
Ms. Esthetician

2 comments:

Lmoor said...

Can I just offer you an Amen and a Hallelujah with that post? Very well said.

Please, use your critical thinking skills, and assess carefully anyone you hire to perform these services. It's YOUR health!

Ms. Esthetician said...

Thanks Lmoor...it always blows my mind away how trusting people are. I only trust my girl bits to someone that is sanitary.