Friday, August 10, 2007

CLIENTS BEHAVING BADLY

"There is a method to my madness. I feel like the most fortunate person in the entire universe, and i owe it all to "you." I want to keep it that way."-Ms. Esthetician

I have always been a firm believer in treating people like you would like to be treated, and firing those that didn't treat me well. It is my goal to put the service back into customer service. It makes me happy when i see that each person is pleased with their service, and if ever you are not satisfied let me know because i am the only one that can do something about it. (so telling your mother won't help you)

One week after your service you get what i like to refer to as a courtesy call or email and i am just checking up on you. I make your skin my business, so don't be alarmed. This is also my way of letting you know that i am available if you need me for any reason. Please don't hesitate to contact me.


ON TO THE FIRING:
With that being said as many of you know i moved in January 07 to the salon i am operating in now. This was such a positve move and has allowed me to expand my services to include more advanced esthetics. Since the expansion of my service range i have gained a nice size clientele. One that i am so pleased to be able to service. Here lately things have been increasingly busy, I like busy, but i only like to be productive busy. i have had a large amount of people call into the salon and make appointments and then not show up. I don't like "blowoffs." When people do this they waste time, money, and they block my most valued clients from getting the time and date of service they want. It p's me off, but please rest assure i have devised a plan to remedy "our" business of such nonsense.

Another thing that i find somewhat perplexing is the interruption of a service by a beau, spouse, neighbor, child, or friend asking how much longer the service will be. This is a supersized NO! NO! interrupting a service being provide for the sake of your own impatience. If you can't sit tight while your loved one is being serviced i ask that you do not sit at all. In our salon that is. it is extremely disruptive to M.E. having to answer the door several times while you ask the same question. You asking won't make it go any faster. Please stay away from my door. I do not rush through my services. Rushing produces botch jobs. I despise botch jobs.

Last but not least I must mention the "know it all" that is more informed than the average and knows everything except for how to sit back and let me do my job. I listen to what each person wants and i give you what you want if it is within reason and is humanly possible. I get no greater joy than to please you, but i have had a few clients that had their own ideas and i was not happy with the finished result. Each time i service someone that is my work and i am judged based in how great or terrible the end result looks. i wish i could put a disclaimer on these people and say that it was all their idea. Trust M.E. it is never my best work when a client is in control. If you have serious control issues then Ms. Esthetician is not for you.

MUSHFEST 2007:
I would like to personally thank each and every person that has supported Ms. Esthetician with your words of encouragement, wonderful reviews, emails, reading this blog and referring your family and friends. I really do appreciate your earnest efforts to make "our" business a success. You all are my eyes and ears. It is the goal of M.E. to continue to provide you with the kind of service that you love, quality work in a hospitable environment. Without you there is no Ms. Esthetician. Thank you.

No comments: