Wednesday, August 8, 2007

EDUCATE YOURSELVES

I just finished hanging out on CL one of my favorite places to pass time. I just enjoy reading the posts, but today i had to get on my soap box and do a little preaching. There is some chickadee in the annarbor area doing brazilian waxing unlicensed, and she is doing it for very very cheap.

Now my concern is when people do things like this i don't believe that they have "our" best interest at heart. I am a lover of all things esthetic and i could not be happier with my choice in careers. So when things like this happen it just bothers me to no end, because i care to much about people. I hate to see some poor unsuspecting soul being taken advantage of. She did mention that she was in a certification course for brazilian waxing which is a heaping pile of caca de vaca because we don't get certified we are licensed. In cosmetology school they would not teach a brazilian bikini wax. It is against school policy.

Please people when you are going to receive a service from someone do not hesitate to ask for credentials. It is your health and wellbeing that is a stake here. Ask your technician if they practice the NO DOUBLE DIPPING and PULL AND PUNCH methods? These two methods alone will make a world of difference in your waxing experience. If they say the "who and what" get away as fast as you can. They haven't a clue.

Pricing for my services has been underfire lately and it is time for me to fireback. Yes you can always find someone else to do it for less. I am not interested in being known as the walmart of esthetics (nothing against walmart i shop there too!) It is my desire to elevate the level and standard of waxing and esthetics. I am dedicated to each and everyone of my clients. We work together as a team to achieve results that "we" are proud of.

Ms. Esthetician is not for everyone, and i respect that. If you place a greater value on lower pricing over you own health and safety then M.E. is not for you. If you are looking for a quick fix and are not willing to make a dedication to seeing the project through then M.E. is not for you. If you want the fluff and puff of a "spa" and all the smoke up yours to go along with it then M.E. is not for you. No, fluff and puff here. I am just PASSIONATE 'BOUT WAXING IT.

No comments: