Saturday, September 5, 2009

THE BACHELOR, QUEEN BEE & ME


As an esthetician that provides services for males, I have noticed a trend among bachelors. We will be waxing right along for several months, or even years; and then one day, he comes in with this come hither expression on his face, and he tells me that he is twitterpated (not with me). I am like what? Twitterpated -- NO!!!!

In plain English it means that he has met someone, which by normal standards, I am totally happy for him because we all need Love; but in clientese, what he just told me was that our days are numbered -- no more afternoon wax sessions, no more skin care consultations, and then Ms.Esthetician will be getting the boot because there's a new sheriff in town and she don't play.

As a matter of fact, she's going to convince him that I am useless and that he is spending way too much money on my professional services (which are really for her benefit), and that he could save money by not waxing with me anymore. Hmph! Of course, this is only a ploy so that he will turn right around and spend all that he has saved on her. The Manipulation.

Fellas, stay strong. Don't end up being the guy whose girl waxes him on the bathroom floor with the Sally Hansen DIY Kit. This = Epic Failure. Here are a few things that you can do to have the best of both worlds.

Keep It In The Closet

What happens at Ms. Esthetician's stays at Ms. Esthetician's. No, I am not advocating deception; but I am telling you the less she knows, the better off we are.

Eye of the Tiger

The cat is out of the bag, and now that she knows about your manscaping habits, fight the good fight to keep your regular grooming schedule. There are some things that are not worth compromising. If grooming is a part of who you are as a person, then be authentic and keep up your routine, and encourage her to have one, as well.

I believe that person should never sacrifice more than you can afford to lose. Be good to yourself. Wax.

No comments: