Tuesday, September 15, 2009

ORGANIZE THIS!

Back in the day when I was a Single Lady and long before Mr. Taylor put a ring on it...I had the most organized beauty cabinet in all the land -- one that would make even Martha Stewart blush. It was brilliant... when people would open my linen/beauty closet, it was often exclaimed OMG..this is like a department store. This is so neat, and look at all of the goodies you have.

Fast forward to 2009, I have a family, work long hours, and sadly my linen/beauty closet has lost its swag. I was purchasing a few things for my daughter's hair and thought how nice it would be to have a cute train case to keep all of her barrettes and bows in instead of the coffee can that I had wrestled away from my husband. Coffee cans are a hot commodity in my neck of the woods. He and the neighbors use them for their cigarette butts versus throwing them on the ground. I am proud to say this was my idea.

Start Small
Take one shelf at at time and organize. Things that you use often should be at eye level, and items you use less often can be placed on higher shelves.

The More The Merrier
If you have several of the same used products, marry them (and then recycle the empty containers) to create space in your linen closet.

Outsource
Utilize space elsewhere in your home, like under the bathroom sink or an over-the-toilet storage cabinet to store your goods.

No comments: