Saturday, September 5, 2009

WHAT'S IN YOUR BAG LADY?





There was a time in my life when I would put something in my makeup bag and it would stay there until I decided to retrieve it. That seems like a lifetime ago, but it has only been in the past two and a half years ago that the items in my makeup bag started to disappear into thin air.

Well, they don't really disappear on their own; they do have a little help. My three-year-old daughter is fascinated with makeup and has spent some time helping herself to the goodies in that magic bag of mine. Initially, I thought it was adorable that she wanted to be like her mommy, until I found myself asking for permission to wear my own makeup.

I'd had enough of asking permission to; so I took matters in my own hands, restocked, and put my goods under lock and key. We finally reached a happy medium -- a bag for me and one for her.

Here are a few of the things that should be in every bag of beauty tricks.

A Moisturizing Sunscreen With An SPF of 15 or more.
Simone France makes a deliciously light-textured sunscreen with an SPF of 15 that can be worn with or without makeup.






Under Cover Sistah

A great concealer is seen but not recognized. Depending on your blemish, your concealer should do just that -- conceal your troubles, not draw attention to them. Sue Devitt's Camouflage Concealer was voted best concealer to cover up under eye circles on About.com.






Shine A Light On This

Blotting papers are amazing pint-size sidekicks in the fight against FACE SHINE. Boscia takes beauty weaponry to the next level with their fresh blotting lines that lift away shine and deposit a powder to keep your skin fresh.




Lip Service

Pucker up. Yes, an amazing lip color is a necessity. I love lip gloss, not as much as my lip-gloss-obsessed-three-year old; but I do love it. Guerlain hands down makes the best lip gloss I have ever worn. I was given my first Guerlain KISSKISS lip gloss as a gift by a fellow classmate while in beauty school, and I have been hooked ever since.






Bat Your Eyes Like This

An eyelash curler is an essential tool in your bag of beauty, giving your lashes a little curly curl which helps to give them a little lift. They stand at attention. I prefer metal lash curlers over plastic ones. The word on the street is that Shu Uemura's Eyelash Curler is the rockingest lash curler of them all.

These are just a few things that I keep in my makeup bag...What's your must-haves? Feel free to dish.

No comments: