Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'M ON MY WAY

On my journey to Greatness and all of that good stuff...I've managed to stop and smell the flowers, take in and enjoy my surroundings and meet some really cool people along the way. When I hear stories of Internet stalkers, and crazy happenings...it baffles me because I've been on line since 1998, and have only great experiences to tell...Like the time...

In early 2007 I received an mail from a Mika Weaver...a local entrepreneur that was launching an online beauty guide for Metro Detroit's beauty industry Little Black Book Of Beauty...and she was looking for local writers to submit their article for the experts corner...I jumped at the opportunity and submitted several articles. That blind email has been a highlight in my career. Two complete strangers are now "sisters", and we are tackling the issues that we (beauty profs) face together as a team.

Or the time...
That I'd been searching for a local marketing company to help me with my branding and I came across Curve Detroit ...not to be confused with the workout facility...it's curve not curves...What an amazing group of people...I was absolutely blown away with the way they do marketing...So unpretentious, talented and they are MAC users (they wear jeans to work too OMG!!!)...I instantly fell in love with them.

My hubby's mouth said yes, but his head said something totally different (he suffered a mild stroke...he's a worrier that's married to a warrior...need I say more)...So I had to put my plans with Curve on hold...The true measure of a company is: How do you behave when things don't go your way?.. After not being able to hire them like I'd hoped...They didn't hold it against me. The Entire company follows me on twitter (they even respond to tweets), and they send me invitations to events that they are holding...?How cool is that...I love Curve Detroit...They are social media experts that are actually social.

1 comment:

TheNooblvl100 said...

You still work at Curve?