Monday, July 13, 2009

THE LOW-DOWN ON INGROWNS

Yes...Ingrown Hairs plague the best of us, and when I choose not to follow my own advice I become a walking billboard for "Ingrowns Gone Wild". Just what the heck is an ingrown... the technical definition found in my milady esthetician text book is: "Folliculitis can be a problem for many men, especially if they have very coarse or wiry beard hair." Huh?

Ok so here is my definition of ingrown hairs in Plain English..."An unsightly bump with or with out pus". Since any number of things can cause ingrown hairs...Let's talk in the terms of solutions. I have found that keeping a newly waxed area clean and "debris free"does wonders in combating these pesky little buggers.

EXFOLIATE EVERY 3-4 DAYS

The removal of dead skin cells that can cause ingrown hairs by clogging the pore. I like "¡¡¡Azucar Azucar!!!" No not the azucar Celia Cruz made famous, but a nice sugar scrub it works wonders for preventing and treating ingrowns. Bella Lucce' makes great sugar scrubs...I've been retailing their products for the past two years and clients love em. Sugar scrubs work for me...Please use what works for you.

MOISTURIZE DAILY
Use a good hearty moisturizer over you newly waxed area...This helps keep the skin soft and healthy.

KEEP IT CLEAN
Yep keeping the newly waxed area clean also helps in prevention of ingrowns. I like witch hazel...a natural antiseptic.

No comments: