Monday, July 6, 2009

MY "PINK CHEEKS" ARE ON THE LINE

An newly crowned (esthys are royalty) esthetician contacted me yesterday. Asking how does she implement no-double dipping into her salon without losing her job? Here is her email:

I just watched your Youtube video about waxing without gloves. I'm a new esthetician and gloves aren't typically worn at the salon where I work. They are available, but the other esthetician don't choose to wear them. I always sanitize my hands before working on a client, but the gloves get too messy for me when I'm doing leg waxing so I don't wear them. However, I do wear them when I do brazilian waxes.

Anyway, my main reason for writing today is to address the concerns I have about double dipping. Double dipping is allowed in the salon where I work (eww!) The owner has a huge following and has been doing brazilian waxes for years. Being the new kid on the block, It's really intimidating to confront someone with so many years of experience about such a sensitive topic. She's really set in her ways, but I'm hoping that if I present it in the right way she will see how beneficial this can be for us and our clients. Can you offer me any advise on how to bring this up without getting fired?

I was also wondering how many sticks you use for a full leg wax if you are not double dipping. I would imagine it would be a lot.

Thanks for your help!

Clients there are some salon owners that are standing in the way of your safety. Exercise your rights to safe and contaminate free services.

No comments: